We are officially on the summer Drupal Camp circuit and we can't wait to Drupal with you across the east coast and midwest this July! Here is where you can find the Phase2 team:
NYC Camp- July 12-15
NYC Camp (pronounced 'Nice' Camp), is back and bigger than ever. This four day mini-conference is a completely free event with trainings, sessions, sprints, and summits. Not only are we happy to help support these great free programs for the NYC Drupal community through our lead sponsorship, but we are thrilled to be participating throughout the camp. Here's where you can find us all over NYCCamp:
- Check in with Drupal mapping with our resident mapping expert Brandon Morrison
- Get an Intro to Drupal Commerce with real life examples with JR Wilson
- Attend a configuration management shootout with Steven Merrill
Among the other great sprints planned for Sunday, is the Responsive Advertising Sprint. This sprint is organized and lead by our own Chris Strahl and responsive design expert, Sam Richard. Attendees of the sprint will face the development responsive advertising challenge head on. Come help us development guidelines around responsive advertising!
There will be a myriad of Summit topics from Drupal in Media, Drupal for Higher-ed, to Devops in Drupal on Monday. This year several Phase2 team members are organizing and leading Drupal summits:
- Phase2 project manager and nonprofit expert, Molly Byrnes will be leading NYC Camps's NonProfit Summit. She will be joined by representatives from local nonprofit organizations from all over NYC to discuss best practices around leveraging Drupal.
- Chris Strahl is leading the Drupal Business Summit, an event for anyone considering using Drupal for their web platform or e-commerce solution.
- Dev ops guru Steven Merrill will be leading the NYCCamp Drupal Dev ops Summit. This Summit will focus on everything Dev, Ops, NoOps, continuous delivery/integration, and everything in between.
Twin Cities Drupal Camp- July 19-21
We are thrilled that our own Karen Borchert will be Twin Cities' Keynote speaker. Karen will be discussing how Open Source, and specifically Drupal, can change the face social collaboration tools. You won't want to miss her keynote session on Friday July 19th.
- Tim Cosgrove and Joe Turgeon will be presenting "X All The Things" for total content control.
- Decide whether large Drupal projects are a blessing or a burden with Nicole Lind.
- Learn how to be an accessibility rockstar with Catharine McNally.
CapitalCamp will be our culminating Drupal event for July 2013. We are proud diamond sponsors of this event and look forward to participating in trainings and sessions throughout the camp.
Phase2 hosts CapitalCamp trainings every year in our offices in the DC Metro area. A variety of trainings will be offered at discounted prices from Monday July 22nd to Thursday, July 25th.
Our own Mike Potter is holding a training on building collaborative sites using Open Atrium 2 on Wednesday July 24th. Learn more about the training schedule here.
- Phase2 CEO, Jeff Walpole will be presenting "The Open Road: Can Social Collaboration Software Break Out of It's Locked Box and Go Open Source?"
- Learn how Robin Hood Foundation uses Drupal to fight poverty with Steven Merrill, JR Wilson, Molly Byrnes and Brian McMurray
- Get the inside scoop on what's new with Open Atrium 2.0 with Mike Potter
- If you can't make it to NYC Camp, come to CapitalCamp to learn what's new with mapping in Drupal with Brandon Morrison
- Catharine McNally will be showing DC Drupalers how to be an accessibility rockstar
- Shawn Mole will be showing off all the new improvements with OpenPublic 1.0
For all the latest news about our Drupal summer pilgrimage, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, and Slideshare! We'll be posting updates, photos, quotes, and session slides as we make our way through our July Drupal Journey.