Phase2 is looking for a User Experience Strategist to join their rapidly expanding User Experience Practice. As a User Experience Strategist, you will help define and drive the future of Phase2 design. In this role, you’ll work closely with other designers, strategists, developers, product managers, and business stakeholders to practice human-centered software design.
You are a creative thinker who has experience in leveraging human-centered design methodologies to create compelling and useful digital experiences. You’ll perform under pressure, act with professionalism and maturity, and seamlessly manage multiple initiatives while bringing energy and creativity to work each day.
You are the voice of the user, leveraging research, observation, data, and best practices to inform innovative new experiences, and thinking holistically about the impact of your work on both the customer journey and the business. It is expected that the candidate is a self-starter that is able to lead client user experience initiatives to deliver quality solutions.
- Deliver creative, strategic, detailed solutions that sit at the user-centric intersection between design, content, business and engineering;
- Work with Phase2’s Senior UX Strategists to design and deliver compelling, elegant, pleasurable and sophisticated end-to-end user experiences;
- Contribute to defining the ‘what’ as well as the ‘how’ - not just translating requirements into designs but also offering possible innovative solutions;
- Develop innovative visual designs, screen layouts, navigation systems, interaction models, visual prototypes, user interface elements, typography and color palettes;
- Create UI specs & wireframes with the flexibility and willingness to move from idea to whiteboard, to execution quickly;
- Recommend and conduct research approaches and activities, from stakeholder interviews to contextual inquiry, from analytics analysis to user testing, all based in with sound methodology;
- Collaborate across organizational boundaries to define, manage and prioritize work, with a collaborative and innovative approach;
- Collaborate with other designers to maintain design consistency and coherence across the products and platforms;
- Work hand-in-hand with the Director of User Experience to help define and grow the User Experience Practice and to further Phase2 as an industry-leading digital experience agency;
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging design principles and best practices in visual design, user interface design, interaction design, information architecture, usability theory, and evaluation techniques;
- Possess a clear vision of the future of user experience and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking design;
- Give and receive design feedback with fellow teammates.
- 3+ years of UX/Product design experience;
- Portfolio of UX-focused work samples for web and mobile applications ranging from substantial content to complex workflows;
- Expert knowledge in graphic and visual design principles, with a strong emphasis on UI and UX
- Experience delivering UX activities and artifacts including quantitative and qualitative research, design thinking workshops, task and gap analyses, UX writing, feature/functionality matrices, personas, user journeys, usability evaluation, site architecture, wireframes, flow diagrams, prototypes, user-requirements documents;
- A passion for design that is simple, elegant and focused on delivering creative, strategic, detailed solutions that always ladder back to user goals and business opportunities;
- Experience working across organizational boundaries to define, manage and prioritize work, with a collaborative and innovative approach;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts clearly across different audiences and varying levels of the organization;
- Excellent communication, presentation, storytelling and analytical skills;
- Understanding of designing for 508 compliance and WCAG.
- Client-facing consulting experience;
- Experience working in an agile environment;
- Experience with and/or desire to work with distributed clients and/or project teams;
- Participation and/or thought leadership in the UX community;
- Experience planning and facilitating working sessions with clients and project teams;
- HTML and CSS knowledge, current on the latest responsive design techniques.
- Frequently remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Occasional adjusting or moving of light objects up to 20 pounds in all directions.
- Continuous communication with others to exchange information.
- Continuous repetitive movements that may include the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Comprehension- Must continuously be able to understand direction and adhere to established procedures.
- Organization- Must continuously be able to gather and classify information.
- Reasoning and Decision Making- Must continuously use logic to analyze and interpret information, and prioritize.
- Communication- Must continuously express or exchange ideas and meaning with employees.
- Resilience- Must continuously adapt well in the face of workplace stressors.
More About Phase2
We compete for the best talent and our salary structure is commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full benefits package including 401K with an automatic company contribution. We have more than 125 employees in our Arlington, VA, New York, Portland OR and “everywhere” offices.
Phase2 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Phase2 participates in E-Verify