- Work closely with UX lead and product managers to translate business requirements into meaningful interactive experiences
- Support the identification of user needs, preferences and objectives by using research, qualitative and quantitative analysis, and interviews to derive personas and user journeys to inform the overall user experience and site architecture
- Create and deliver a range of artifacts and deliverables throughout the project life cycle, including but not limited to personas, sitemaps, user flows, wireframes and other artifacts to represent user needs and UI specifications.
- Effectively participate in working sessions, design reviews and collaborative design meetings
- Communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with all levels and roles in the organization
- Work effectively with distributed teams
- Collaborate and work closely with other disciplines to provide estimates for tasks to contribute to the creation of the project schedule
- Provide UX consultation to project stakeholders and implementation teams
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must possess at least 3 to 5 years of hands on experience in user experience work - some of that time in an agency or consulting setting.
- Experience with conceptualizing and implementing digital design assets from ideation through design.
- Intensely collaborative and highly practical, with the ability to handle a wide variety of design challenges.
- Extensive understanding of User Research, UI Design, Interaction Design and Usability Evaluation
- Must be able to articulate and follow User Centered Design and Software Development Processes, but be willing to work outside process to accomplish goals
- Experience articulating and visualizing ideas in order to facilitate client understanding
- Willingness and attitude to help find workable and pragmatic solutions
- Intellectual curiosity with an interest in learning new technologies and practices
- Experience collaborating with a cross-functional team throughout a project’s life cycle
- Must be willing and able to collaborate with other IA, UX, and design professionals and/or experience being a member of a UX team
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience in working on multiple projects or tracks of work simultaneously
- Formal Education and/or Training in User Experience Design or equivalent
- A BA/BS/BFA degree
- Must be: Collaborative, motivated, and passionate about user experience!
- Experience with Agile development methodologies such as SCRUM or Kanban.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and concepts of web-based software development
- Experience managing customer expectations and facilitating client interaction
- Knowledge of the Agency culture and processes
- Knowledge of web-based solutions including data driven websites, portals, web services, content management systems (CMS), contact relationship management (CRM), e-commerce (EC), membership management and online community solutions.
- Frequently remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Occasional adjusting or moving of light objects up to 20 pounds in all directions.
- Continuous communication with others to exchange information.
- Continuous repetitive movements that may include the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Comprehension- Must continuously be able to understand direction and adhere to established procedures.
- Organization- Must continuously be able to gather and classify information.
- Reasoning and Decision Making- Must continuously use logic to analyze and interpret information, and prioritize.
- Communication- Must continuously express or exchange ideas and meaning with employees.
- Resilience- Must continuously adapt well in the face of workplace stressors.
More About Phase2
We compete for the best talent and our salary structure is commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full benefits package including 401K with an automatic company contribution. We have more than 125 employees in our Arlington, VA, New York, Portland OR and “everywhere” offices.
Phase2 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Phase2 participates in E-Verify