Phase2 is looking for a Senior User Experience Strategist to join their rapidly expanding User Experience Practice. As a Senior User Experience Strategist, you will help define and drive the future of Phase2 design. You identify and set product strategy, envision complex UX ecosystems, lead client user experience initiatives to deliver quality solutions and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
You are a creative thinker who has significant experience in leveraging human-centered design methodologies to create compelling and useful digital experiences. You’ll perform under pressure, act with professionalism and maturity, and seamlessly manage multiple initiatives while bringing energy and creativity to work each day.
In this role, you’ll work closely with other designers, strategists, developers, product managers, and business stakeholders to practice human-centered software design. You are the voice of the user, leveraging research, observation, data, and best practices to inform innovative new experiences, and thinking holistically about the impact of your work on both the customer journey and the business. It is expected that the candidate is a self-starter that is able to lead client user experience initiatives to deliver quality solutions.
- Deliver creative, strategic, detailed solutions that sit at the user-centric intersection between design, content, business and engineering;
- Own UX design throughout the lifecycle of a project, from engagement design to the initial brief to ongoing consultation through implementation/launch;
- Ability to take a leadership role on projects and teams, including delegating tasks and collaborating with team members with other skillsets;
- Define the product strategy by employing UCD theory to define client goals, problems, opportunities and recommend a product design solution;
- Identify and create the best UX approach for a given project, from research and discovery activities to uncover user-center insights, to flow diagrams and prototypes that define a complex user flow, to detailed wireframes that define the information and interaction design;
- Design and recommend engagement research approach and activities, from stakeholder interviews to contextual inquiry, from analytics analysis to user testing, all based in with sound methodology;
- Possess a clear vision of the future of user experience and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking design;
- Collaborate across organizational boundaries to define, manage and prioritize work, with a collaborative and innovative approach;
- Work hand-in-hand with the Director of User Experience to help define and grow the User Experience Practice and to further Phase2 as an industry-leading digital experience agency;
- Collaborate with Phase2 engagement teams and new business to craft, scope and pitch new client engagements;
- Provide thought leadership on UX trends and best practices by writing blogs, leading webinars, speaking at conferences, and being involved in the community.
- 5+ years of UX/Product design experience;
- 3 years of experience in managing or leading digital product design teams;
- Portfolio of UX-focused work samples for web and mobile applications ranging from substantial content to complex workflows;
- In-depth experience delivering UX activities and artifacts including quantitative and qualitative research, design thinking workshops, task and gap analyses, UX writing, feature/functionality matrices, personas, user journeys, usability evaluation, site architecture, wireframes, flow diagrams, prototypes, user-requirements documents;
- A passion for design that is simple, elegant and focused on delivering creative, strategic, detailed solutions that always ladder back to user goals and business opportunities;
- Experience working across organizational boundaries to define, manage and prioritize work, with a collaborative and innovative approach;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts clearly across different audiences and varying levels of the organization;
- Excellent communication, presentation, storytelling and analytical skills;
- Knowledge and background in designing for 508 compliance and WCAG;
- Experience with and/or desire to work with distributed clients and/or project teams.
- Client-facing consulting experience;
- Experience working in an agile environment;
- Participation and/or thought leadership in the UX community;
- Experience planning and facilitating working sessions with clients and project teams.
- Frequently remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Occasional adjusting or moving of light objects up to 20 pounds in all directions.
- Continuous communication with others to exchange information.
- Continuous repetitive movements that may include the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Comprehension- Must continuously be able to understand direction and adhere to established procedures.
- Organization- Must continuously be able to gather and classify information.
- Reasoning and Decision Making- Must continuously use logic to analyze and interpret information, and prioritize.
- Communication- Must continuously express or exchange ideas and meaning with employees.
- Resilience- Must continuously adapt well in the face of workplace stressors.
More About Phase2
We compete for the best talent and our salary structure is commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full benefits package including 401K with an automatic company contribution. We have more than 125 employees in our Arlington, VA, New York, Portland OR and “everywhere” offices.
Phase2 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Phase2 participates in E-Verify