At Phase2, the Marketing Analyst is responsible for studying and reporting on external market conditions and internal initiatives to optimize efforts to achieve company goals. Their goal is to help us determine what services are in demand, who our buyers are, and price tolerance for capabilities. Their duties include forecasting and monitoring sales trends, gathering consumer and competitor data, preparing reports for management, and utilizing statistical software for data analysis.
It is crucial that this individual possess the following qualities: excellent applied analytical skills, an insatiable curiosity about consumer behavior and choice drivers, ability to decipher large amounts of data and translate findings to Phase2’s marketing department. This role will inform decisions on marketing channels, messaging, creative endeavors, sponsorships, and lead generation.
Critical thinking and communication skills are also essential. The data analyzed must be tied directly to furthering company goals and initiatives.
If you enjoy rewarding challenges, researching, and coming up with effective solutions, you will fit in excellently as a marketing analyst with our full-service, client-oriented digital agency. In this position, you will spend your days gathering information, creating client reports, summarizing data with graphs and tables, and presenting the narrative about what the data tells us. If you are detail-oriented with outstanding analytical abilities, this role will be great for you.
- Prepare reports on findings while illustrating data with graphs and translating complex results into clear and understandable written content.
- Devise appropriate procedures and methods for data collection, including opinion polls, surveys, and questionnaires.
- Gather information on client competitors, and conduct analysis on their brand, sales, and marketing.
- Conduct research regarding marketing strategies and consumer opinions while collaborating with marketing channel owners to make decisions.
- Track and forecast trends in sales and marketing, and analyze in detail the data collected to provide management with thorough reports and results
- Collect and analyze data regarding customer preferences, demographics, buying habits, and needs to better identify market potential and factors influencing product demand.
- Measure the effectiveness of advertising, marketing, and communications strategies
- 5+ years of direct market research and insights experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask well
- Deft use of Salesforce, HubSpot, and Google Suite tools
- Familiarity with search engines, business intelligence tools, and web analytics
- Experience with various data collection tools (Qualtrics, Survey Monkey, SPSS, etc.)
- Digital agency experience
- Interest and curiosity about technology, digital products, and software
- Experience leading and facilitating in-person data gathering (focus groups, 1:1 interviewing).
- Knowledge of web-based solutions including data-driven websites, portals, web services, content management systems (CMS), contact relationship management (CRM), e-commerce (EC), membership management, and online community solutions.
- Frequently remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Occasional adjusting or moving of light objects up to 20 pounds in all directions.
- Continuous communication with others to exchange information.
- Continuous repetitive movements that may include the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Comprehension- Must continuously be able to understand direction and adhere to established procedures.
- Organization- Must continuously be able to gather and classify information.
- Reasoning and Decision Making- Must continuously use logic to analyze and interpret information, and prioritize.
- Communication- Must continuously express or exchange ideas and meaning with employees.
- Resilience- Must continuously adapt well in the face