Phase2 has earned our position of leadership in digital creative and technology through a culture of constant invention, 20 years of experience, and trailblazing work. Our clients trust us to effectively express their brand across every device, platform, and geography. We’re seeking a a senior creative director to drive creative across our diverse portfolio of clients.
Our creative group comprises expert practitioners in UX, visual design, and content strategy, who partner with our strategy and engineering teams to create engaging, human-centered, and delightful digital experiences for our clients and their customers. Creative is essential to how Phase2 approaches our work; these capabilities open additional lines of business, expand our brand, consistently bring new creative thinking and elements to all of our work, and enhance the creative aspects of the Phase2 culture.
As Creative Director, you’ll be Phase2’s chief creative leader. You’ll apply your experience to craft boundary-pushing ideas that inspire our prospects, clients, teams, and work. You’ll manage the creative vision and direction of our largest projects and strengthen the expertise of our creative practices in UX, content, design, and brand, making sure no talent goes to waste and the work is always the best we can produce.
- A deep visual and digital design background with extensive experience in client facing, creative leadership in a digital agency environment.
- A commitment to making mediocrity the enemy. You’re unencumbered by the status quo and help clients see and believe in new growth opportunities. "What if..." is your favorite way to start a conversation.
- Mastery in pitching to tough crowds. Your ideas bring original design and product concepts to some of the most influential brands in the world. You create an experience of inspiration, and winning concepts that generate a limbic ping.
- Inspirational leadership to our clients in a hands-on/executional way, across mediums on numerous projects, understanding the synergy gained in contributing your point of view - and your work product - alongside your strategy and engineering colleagues.
- A unique approach to solving problems and creating big ideas, adding value to existing products and deriving positives from negatives.
- Recognized expertise in brand identity, interactive design, and omni-channel campaign material.
- Proven leadership skills, to manage, mentor, and develop the talents of our creative team.
- Skills to drive the creative vision from pitch through execution - inspiring creative and technical teams, providing feedback and guidance, rolling up your sleeves to get it done, and re-engaging and re-inspiring clients to ensure the completed product holds the creative vision.
- A strong, presentable portfolio demonstrating progressive work for name brands and organizations of similar size and scale to Phase2’s client base.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Strong creative experience, with a proven ability to dynamically lead a creative team and produce strategic, high-impact creative artifacts
- 15+ years professional experience leading the design of digital experience
- 10+ years in a creative director role or from a creative director background, leading cross-functional creative teams in an agency or large in-house creative services team
- 10+ years leading conceptual creative, client presentations/workshops, and participating in business development/creative pitches
- Comprehensive digital portfolio showcasing brand, content, design, and UX capabilities
- Proven, successful track record of conceiving and implementing creative strategies
- Experienced in public speaking; especially at industry-related events
- Fluency in modern design and UX tools and approaches
- Exemplary communicator in written, oral, and visual capacities; including the lost art of listening
BA or BS degree
- Must embody and personify Phase2’s core values: authenticity, big thinking, collaboration, problem-solving, and adaptability
- Frequently remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Occasional adjusting or moving of light objects up to 20 pounds in all directions.
- Continuous communication with others to exchange information.
- Continuous repetitive movements that may include the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Comprehension- Must continuously be able to understand direction and adhere to established procedures.
- Organization- Must continuously be able to gather and classify information.
- Reasoning and Decision Making- Must continuously use logic to analyze and interpret information, and prioritize.
- Communication- Must continuously express or exchange ideas and meaning with employees.
- Resilience- Must continuously adapt well in the face of workplace stressors.
More About Phase2
We compete for the best talent and our salary structure is commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full benefits package including 401K with an automatic company contribution. We have more than 125 employees in our Arlington, VA, New York, Portland OR and “everywhere” offices.
Phase2 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Phase2 participates in E-Verify