Neil Hastings and Joe Turgeon have proposed Field API Essentials for DrupalCon Denver:
What’s new with fields in Drupal 7 for developers and themers? This session offers practical insights on using the Field API when building new Drupal 7 sites or upgrading legacy code.
The presentation will cover:
- Best practices for developers and themers for using the Field API
- Major changes from fields using CCK on Drupal 6
- Storing entity and field configurations in code
- API functions for getting and setting field values
- Using EntityFieldQuery to find content entities that contains a specific field value
If you're interested in this session, please vote on it. And if you have comments or questions regarding the proposed session, please comment below. Even if it isn't accepted at DrupalCon Denver, Neil and Joe may be presenting it elsewhere.