We're proud to announce today the arrival of the OpenPublic Community site - and invite you to visit, join, and be a part of this growing group of individuals, service providers, and public sector organizations who are growing the use of OpenPublic ever day.
Among the resources, opportunities, and discussions, here are the top five things you'll find at the new community site:
- 5. It's powered by OpenPublic! The community site itself was built in OpenPublic with a simple personalization of the base theme and use of existing Apps.
- 4. Services: Need help implementing OpenPublic? Have services to offer the community? The Services page of the community site can help you, either way. We're starting a listing of shops, developers, themers, and service providers working on OpenPublic to make it easy to find the resources you need. Just become a member and let us know if you'd like to be included in the listing.
- 3. Wiki-based Documentation: OpenPublic documentation is available to guide your install, set-up, and theming needs while you familiarize yourself with the distribution. We’d love your suggestions on what other documentation you want or need. Registered members of the community can be added as contributors to the documentation wiki.
- 2. Ideas Forum: our goal for this group is to develop an interactive road map you can review to suggest complementary ideas for apps, modules, or themes while receiving guidance on how to collaborate on these types of contributions, too. We used the Ideation App to create this forum, and hope to see a lot of activity here!
- 1. Showcase of OpenPublic projects: Using the Project Mapper app (which is just so easy to use!), we've started a showcase of OpenPublic uses around the world. If you're using OpenPublic and your project isn't here, let us know! We'd be excited to feature your work.
When we introduced the beta release of OpenPublic earlier this year, we couldn’t have predicted the positive feedback we’d receive. Thank you to everyone who has offered your support and assistance in contributing to OpenPublic, and come on over to community.openpublicapp.com to help make this the vibrant community we know it can be. Also, if you're interested in catching up with the OpenPublic team at DrupalCon London, then get registered for training today to get a major jump start on building with OpenPublic!