At the last Drupal Indy User Group meeting, I did a presentation on integrating Openlayers and Apache Solr. In the presentation, I walk you through how to setup and configure the modules necessary to display search results on a map in Drupal 7. This is the same basic process which we used on Energy.gov.
The video is about 45 minutes long, so here is a general outline of the presentation. Be sure to watch the entire video or you will not see how all of the pieces are integrated:
- How to Geocode Content
- Sending Geocoded Content to Solr
- Local Solr with Apache Solr
- Adding Solr Results to a Map
- Placing a Map on the Search Page
- Viewing Search Results on the Map
Modules covered in the video
To Help facility setting up Apache Solr with Local Solr I created this repository: https://github.com/treehouseagency/local-solr-config. It contains all of the files necessary to run solr with local solr on Mac OSX.
Instructions to Run:
- Checkout the repo.
- Change to the "examples" directory
- run "java -jar start.jar"