We had our first Austin Apps sprint last week and got quite a bit done. We had 12 people from Phase2 Technology, LevelTen, Four Kitchens, Mediacurrent and Pantheon all had people at the sprint. Thanks to Four Kitchens for helping us provide a space for the Sprint.
- Use filetransfer authorization for installs so write access to sites directory is not necessary: Commited
- An app with module and library of the same name fails: Committed
- Provide API for Install Profiles to allow installing of apps on install: Commited
- Providing for apps installation from Pantheon Servers
- OpenPublic Media APP : finished with demo content
Now have Patches
- API and Storage for Ratings: patched
- Create Browsing interface that mimics apps console: patched
- apps_connect sub module: Patched but needs work (This was added as a goal during the sprint)
- Update Tab: Patch for discovery of apps that need updating, but still need update mech
Work done but no Patch
- Drush commands for Apps: Work done on a install command but no patch yet
- Consume Ratings provided my server, and post back ratings: Some work done no patch
Overall, we did well with 9 of 11 issues to have some kind of path submitted on d.o (two items have non-complete patches submitted). I want to say a special thank you to Randall Knutson of Level Ten, as three of the committed items where his.
Not only was it productive, but the App Sprint was lots of fun. It was great to sit in a room and talk out some of the issues that we are all having using Apps in the real world. We are starting to see a community idea of what an app is and how it can be helpful to drupal shops, drupal user and the community as a whole.
As with all successful sprints we have a new release out - apps 7.x-1.0-beta5!
I think my Daughter said it best "Congratulations Apps Team! You Rock! Yeah!"